Learning And Development Case Studies
Bank Lending Organization
How do we effectively develop the sales and sales management skills of our regional sales managers?
- Defined a set of core sales values.
- Reviewed and revised the sales process to increase the ease of doing business and improve the consistency of the lending team’s services.
- Created a four quadrant sales management framework.
- Translated processes and required skills into a two day management development program; delivered program three times to over sixty sales managers.
- Worked with Marketing to brand our efforts for broader internal exposure.
- All functional sales managers, embraced the changes to the process and went back to territories with new skills and renewed focus.
- Sales values and other elements of the program were posted strategically in the corporate lobby and in other highly viewed- locations.
Large Regional Telecom Company
How do we assess the effectiveness and the developmental needs of our B2B sales team?
- Conducted an extensive sales effectiveness diagnostic company-wide; results provided data related to the current state of the company in several developmental categories.
- Analyzed the results and provided graphic representation of the current picture and a comparison against key benchmarks.
- Built out a set of recommendations for moving the company to a higher maturity level with their sales team.
- Assessment findings were highly regarded and became a catalyst for action by leadership around a number of critical areas, including sales training, territory management, and performance management.