Talent Strategy Case Studies
Large US Retailer
How do we reduce the cost and increase the efficiency of our headquarter talent functions?
- Detailed review of the activities and services of all corporate HR functions, including leadership development, training, recruitment, and administrative services
- Review of alternative service delivery models and organizational designs that could provide spend relief and better internal service
- Proposed headcount reductions and organizational changes
- Reduced $6M in annual direct and indirect spend
- Improved the efficiency and quality of services delivered through recruiting and talent development
Property and Casualty Insurance Company (Distribution Function)
How do we design a differentiated service and support model for our agency population and provide the talent management support for the rollout?
- Completed a rigorous assessment of all exclusive agents to define clear agency segments and the optimal set of services desired by each
- Reviewed alternative service delivery models to support all segments
- Selected a new support structure that would reduce the overall costs to the company and increase the quality of variable services offered to each agency segment
- Designed and implemented a talent management program, including organizational and process design, training, communication and compensation strategies, necessary to support both the pilot and the national rollout of the new support structure
- Support structure for this new segmented agency model was successfully piloted and rolled out across the country
- Heightened service quality for each agency segment