Change Management Case Studies
Manufacturer of Footwear and Outdoor Apparel
How do we manage risk and build a new culture that is ready to embrace a new technology (SAP) that dramatically improves our ability to forecast demand, schedule production and delight our customers?
- Designed and executed a tailored risk assessment to determine the magnitude of and readiness of the organization for this change.
- Completed a stakeholder map to define our communication landscape and built out a robust, multi-channel communication plan.
- Aligned with corporate leadership as champions of this initiative; developed leadership action plans with each leader.
- Conducted a job impact assessment to define the scale and specifics of the changes in individual jobs and functions.
- Trained users on the system and, more importantly, on the process and behavioral changes to individual jobs.
- Deployed and trained a change agent network to advocate and provide peer support within each functional team.
- The system rollout was successful as key functions of Finance, Supply and Demand Planning, Customer Service and Logistics and Sales embraced the business case and became proficient with the tool
Manufacturer of hospital diagnostic equipment
How do we manage the global implementation of a new ERP system for a newly spun-off entity with minimal impact on the business and on the workforce?
- Used multiple communication channels to drive the engagement of all global stakeholder groups, including business process owners, future end users and global leaders.
- Oversaw and coordinated the efforts of a twelve person change management team over the course of the two year implementation.
- Assigned training developers to every system module so that process training could be developed directly from newly defined business process procedures.
- Managed the go-live for different modules and in different regions to ensure that users were both confident and competent in their use of the new system.
- Worked closely with the client sponsor to use this initiative as a catalyst for the development of a defining culture for the new organization.
- Initial pilot of specific modules to select countries was very successful; longer term rollout of all modules globally was completed on plan and within the defined budget.